- Ph.D. Degree Requirements
- M.S. Degree Requirements
- Chemistry Course Suggestions
- Chemistry Candidacy Exam Report
- Chemistry Candidacy Guidelines
- Graduate School Forms
- Mutual Expectations Between Chemistry and its Graduate Students
Timeline and Forms for Chemistry Ph.D. Students
First-year of Graduate Studies
- Graduate Student Schedule Form (must be filled each semester when registering for the following semester)
* You can find your advisor's research section number here.
Second-year of Graduate Studies
Seminar Scientific literature/Oral Preliminary Examination
Scientific Literature/Oral Preliminary Packet (contains Preliminary Exam Grading Sheet & GOA - Preliminary Exam Evaluation Form)
- Second Year Chemistry Graduate Student Seminar Topic Approval (Departmental)
- Preliminary Exam Grading Sheet (Departmental)
- Graduate Outcome Assessment-Preliminary Exam Evaluation (Departmental)
- Literature Seminar Scheduling Google Form(Departmental)
Nominate Candidacy Committee
Nomination of Candidacy/Thesis Committee Form (Departmental)
5th semester of graduate studies
Candidacy Exam Forms
Chemistry Candidacy Packet (contains Checklist, Candidacy Exam Report, GOA - Candidacy Evaluation Form and Application for Admission to Candidacy)
- Candidacy Checklist (Departmental)
- Chemistry Candidacy Exam Report (Departmental)
- Graduate Outcome Assessment-Candidacy Evaluation (Departmental)
- Application for Admission to Candidacy
** Application for Admission to Candidacy form must be received by the Office for Graduate Studies (email@example.com) prior to the 25th of the month in order for the advancement to be effective the first day of the following month.
At the beginning of the semester in which you intend to graduate, you should complete the following forms (with advisor's signatures where required) and email them to the Graduate Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for graduation via Testudo
- Check Academic Deadlines
- Application for Graduation
- Doctoral Degree Completion Checklist
- Graduate Degrees and Certificate Completion Procedures
- Thesis & Dissertation Filing
Submit Nomination Form
- Nomination of Thesis or Dissertation Committee Form
- If you need to nominate a Special Member to sit on your committee, please fill out this Google Form at least 3 weeks before the deadline for submitting the nomination form.
After the student’s committee is approved by the Office of the Registrar, the committee chair (or designee) will submit a request for the electronic Report of Examining Committee (REC).
- Electronic Report of Examining Committee (REC)*
- Defense Scheduling Google Form(Departmental)
- Graduate Outcome Assessment-Dissertation Defense Evaluation (Departmental)
- Thesis/Dissertation Embargo Request (effective December 2, 2021)
As a condition of graduation, each student's thesis or dissertation must be published. Students may place an embargo of up to two years on electronic access to their document through ProQuest's Digital Dissertations and DRUM without approval from the Graduate School. Approval from The Graduate School is required to place an embargo for a maximum of six years or indefinitely. This form may be used to modify a previous embargo or to submit a new embargo request.