- Requirements for the Ph.D. Degree in Biochemistry
- M.S. Requirements for Biochemistry
- Biochemistry Candidacy Exam Guidelines
- Biochemistry Independent Aim Guidelines
- Biochemistry Seminar Guidelines
- Graduate School Forms
- Statement of Mutual Expectations between Biochemistry and Graduate Students
Timeline and Forms for Biochemistry Ph.D. Students
First-year of Graduate Studies
- Graduate Student Schedule Form (must be filled each semester when registering for the following semester)
- Biochemistry Rotation Evaluation Form
- Advisor Choice Form (Due in Spring Semester)
You are required to have an advising session with your advisor and submit this form until you pass your candidacy exam.
Post-candidacy students will be registered automatically by the Registrar’s office 5-10 business days before the first day of class of each semester.
Second-year of Graduate Studies
Nominate Candidacy Committee
Candidacy Committee Nomination Form (Due by Oct 15)
Candidacy Exam Forms (the exam must be completed by the end of May)
Biochemistry Candidacy Packet (contains Worksheet, Candidacy Exam Report, GOA - Candidacy Evaluation Form and Application for Admission to Candidacy)
- Biochemistry Candidacy Worksheet (Departmental)
- Candidacy Exam Signatures Form (Departmental)
- GOA-Biochemistry Candidacy Exam Evaluation Form (Departmental)
- Application for Admission to Candidacy
** Application for Admission to Candidacy form must be received by the Office for Graduate Studies (email@example.com) prior to the 25th of the month in order for the advancement to be effective the first day of the following month.
Fourth-year of Graduate Studies
- BCHM698 - Seminar Preparation course
At the beginning of the semester in which you intend to graduate, you should complete the following forms (with advisor's signatures where required) and email them to the Graduate Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for graduation via Testudo
- Check Academic Deadlines
- Application for Graduation
- Doctoral Degree Completion Checklist
- Graduate Degrees and Certificate Completion Procedures
- Thesis & Dissertation Filing
Submit Nomination Form
- Nomination of Thesis or Dissertation Committee Form
- If you need to nominate a Special Member to sit on your committee, please fill out this Google Form at least 3 weeks before the deadline for submitting the nomination form.
After the student’s committee is approved by the Office of the Registrar, the committee chair (or designee) will submit a request for the electronic Report of Examining Committee (REC).
- Electronic Report of Examining Committee (REC)*
- Defense Scheduling Google Form (Departmental)
- Dissertation Committee Meeting Report
- Graduate Outcome Assessment-Dissertation Defense Evaluation (Departmental)
- Thesis/Dissertation Embargo Request (effective December 2, 2021)
As a condition of graduation, each student's thesis or dissertation must be published. Students may place an embargo of up to two years on electronic access to their document through ProQuest's Digital Dissertations and DRUM without approval from the Graduate School. Approval from The Graduate School is required to place an embargo for a maximum of six years or indefinitely. This form may be used to modify a previous embargo or to submit a new embargo request.