Honors and Awards – December 2021
We proudly recognize members of our community who recently garnered major honors, awards and promotions.
- Amy Mullin, 2021 American Chemical Society Graduate Bridge Program Partner
- Pratyush Tiwary, 2021 American Chemical Society OpenEye Outstanding Junior Faculty Award in Computational Chemistry
- YuHuang Wang, 2021 American Physical Society Fellow
- Undergraduate Saul Flores, 2021 American Chemical Society Scholar
- Ph.D. student Patricia Razafindrambinina, finalist in the international 3-Minute Thesis Competition
- Bruce Frank (Ph.D. ’91, chemistry) joined Altasciences as vice president, CDMO.
- Judith Giordan (Ph.D. ’80, chemistry), managing director and vice president of ecosVC, was named 2022 president-elect of the American Chemical Society.
- Brion Murray (Ph.D. ’94, biochemistry) was appointed senior vice president of research at Lengo Therapeutics.
- Bassam Shakhashiri (M.S. ’65, Ph.D. ’68, chemistry), University of Wisconsin–Madison chemistry professor, retired in August.
- Ed Sisco (M.S. ’11, Ph.D. ’14, chemistry), research chemist specializing in forensic chemistry at the National Institute of Standards and Technology, was a Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medal Finalist in the emerging lLeaders category.
- Robert Waltermire (Ph.D. ’89, chemistry) joined Madrigal Pharmaceuticals as chief pharmaceutical development officer.