- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, University of New Hampshire
- B.S. in Chemistry, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.
- University of Maryland Lecturer August 2022 – current
- Chatham University Lecturer August 2018 – May 2022
- Gonzaga University Adjunct lecturer August 2017 – May 2018
- Wenatchee Valley College Adjunct lecturer June 2016 - August 2016
- Pacific Northwest Promoted to Research Scientist II April 2011- April 2014
- National Laboratory Postdoctoral Researcher May 2008 - April 2011
- “System and Process for Capture of H 2 S From Gaseous Process Streams and Process for Regeneration of the Capture Agent.” David J. Heldebrant, Phillip K. Koech, James E. Rainbolt, Mark D. Bearden, Feng Zheng. Battelle Memorial Institute. Patent Number US 8,652,237 B2. Granted, Feb. 18, 2014.
- “System and Process for Capture of Acid Gasses at Elevated Pressure From Gaseous Process Streams.” James E. Rainbolt, David J. Heldebrant, Phillip K. Koech, John C. Linehan, Mark D. Bearden, Feng Zheng. Battelle Memorial Institute. Patent Number US 9,433,892 B2. Granted, Sept. 6, 2016.